The How2doc shares her experiences with Inquiry and how to apply it to the New Learning Standards with easy step-by-step lessons and graphic organizers. These materials will enable teachers to use inquiry to engage learners and make writing fun! At the same time, the strategies used will enhance deep structured thinking and incorporate real world applications into daily lessons.
- Researching current issues to compose and deliver an “I Have a Dream” speech
- Defining Format Strategy for students to create definitions in their own words.
- Step-by-step instructions and sample responses for six foundation strategies addressing vocabulary, deductive reasoning, solidifying comprehension, grammar (i.e., prefixes, suffixes), creative/summative comprehension with diamantes and acrostics.
- Blank graphic organizers. (Subscribers to theHow2doc.com may download printable digital copies of these organizers.)
- Selected list of rigorous vocabulary words from the text.